Friday, May 15, 2009

Liquid sludge

I can't remember whose slogan was 'good to the last drop', be it Nabob's or Maxwell House's or possibly even Nescafe's, but I put that to practice today. On a rare occurrence I ventured to the dungeons here at work and bought a french vanilla cappuccino, jumbo size of course. For those who don't drink coffee or the sweet cappuccino drinks, they are mixed from very sugary flavoured powder and if one does not constantly keep the drink swishing around, the powder doesn't completely dissolve and settles to the bottom of the cup. Well, with a jumbo cappuccino there is more powder to flavour the water with and when not vigilantly stirred, there is more powder to settle at the bottom.

That is exactly what happened to me today. I was working while drinking the cappuccino so my attention wasn't solely on ensuring my drink was mixed properly. The end result was a large amount of liquid sludge waiting at the bottom of my cup. Of course I couldn't let all that sugar go to waste so I drank it. Well, I tried to drink it but near the end I had to use my finger to help shovel the remnants into my mouth. It was good at the time but I am now starting to regret my decision. Ugh!

No comments: