Monday, May 04, 2009

To Dreamland and back

On the seemingly endless train ride home I generally try to sleep but very rarely do I ever achieve my goal. Thursday was an exception though. I had fallen into dreamland but it was far from peaceful. In my slumber I had totally lost track of time and had the scare of my life: I thought I missed my stop. That somehow I had slept through my stop (which includes 15 minutes of sitting idle) and was heading back into the City. While still mostly asleep I realized the noise on the train was too loud for me to have missed my stop. That conclusion only lead to an even worse thought: my work day was just beginning and had not just ended. In a panic I jerked awake to get my bearings and put my mind at ease. Unfortunately, once I realized where I was and which direction I was heading, I was unable to fall back to sleep.

After that incident maybe it is best that I don’t fall asleep on the train. It would be a lot easier on my heart anyhow.

No comments: