Monday, January 22, 2007

Letter to My Train Buddy

My Dear Train Buddy,

I only have a few train trips left until my lengthy absence from work and with you working late, you were unable to join me on the train ride home tonight. Without you for company, I felt so exposed and vulnerable, even though we usually just listen to our iPod’s and venture into the depths of our own thougts or emptiness…and sometimes dreams. I will miss our adventures getting to the train but I will not miss the actual ride at all.

Since I am writing to you now, I should apologize for abandoning you for such a long time. I know you understand. I also hope your train rides without me are more fun than mine was today...and a lot quieter.


Sincerely,

The Shuster

1 comment:

Stinky T said...

Dear Train Buddy,

Your kind words are bittersweet, as I see how much you enjoy our daily commute home but they also serve as a reminder that I'll now be making the trek alone for an extended period.

The snide comments will fall on deaf ears, walking up peoples' legs a little must cease for now and the unexpected giggles we occassionaly share will just have to wait until your return from the hinterlands of wherever you go.

Stinky T